Saturday, August 23, 2003

to do list.

Since feeling better and having my wits about me to look further ahead than the next few hours, I've been able to get a list going of things I need to do.

*Clean my closet and donate some clothes.
*Clean in general around here.
*Shred old credit card recipts (which I still have from '99)
*Get my financial statements, insurance papers and other offical documents sorted, filed and shredded as necessary.
*Finish my cat wall hanging
*Finish my beginning applique project.

But looking at that list now it seems impossible to accomplish. Looking around at this hell-hole I live in and I get overwhelmed with what needs to be done, I just want to go outside with a book and a pepsi and forget it for a while.

Some of it, like the sewing projects I can put off. But getting financial papers in order is a priority since next month I've an appointment with an Edward Jones rep. I just need to figure out how my 401k works, and how to reach my long term goals for the future, which right now are: house & retirement, those two are definate.

I also need to get back in the habit of going to the gym. My membership there exipires in Dec and I may find another gym. Aspen Athletics just opened a tempory facility just down the from me and will be moving into a bigger building as soon as the renovations are done, mainly adding an indoor swimming pool. In searching the web for their website, I found the minutes of a city council meeting from this spring that voted to allow the company to move into an old grocery store and put in a pool and few other things. They have a month to month, pay as you go option that I like. My current gym makes me sign a year contract. However since their little card swipe thing hasn't been working for almost a year I could probably keep going after December and no one will be the wiser.

No comments: