Wednesday, August 20, 2003

I've paypal'ed my registration fee for UEA. Called my brother and asked him if I could stay at his place since I can't afford a motel. He said sure. I plan on arriving as a self-contained unit. I have a twin sized air mattress, sheets, blankets, pillow as well as the normal stuff for a 3 day stay.

I'm really looking forward to going.

In other news it's been damn hot. Still. upper 90s and into the 100s. Know what pisses me off? When the weather guy says that temps will be 'hitting the century mark.' Dumbass. Century refers to a length of time of 100 years. Also a unit of the Roman army. Sometimes it's used to measure out kilometers. But not temperatures. And then during violent weather, like the tornados we had back in May, they will warn the public not to go outside, to take shelter. Then the next day they show lots of amature video taken by the viewers that should have been in their shelter.

No comments: