Thursday, August 07, 2003

Last night I tried to sew the binding on my wheat wallhanging. Well, I trimmed it to exactly the size I wanted it instead of trimming a bit to large then allowing the binding to roll over the edge. I forgot mostly because I was excited to have it so close to done. And it's been about a year since I've done any binding too. When I realized my mistake I just turned off my machine and went outside to read. Still haven't bothered to rip the stitches out to fix it. I know it can be fixed but that'll take a bit more patience than I have right now.

Tomorrow is Friday and then I'm on vacation!!!!

I keep borrowing Travis's cd's at work. If he minds, he is way to polite to say anything. So tonight I took home two of his cd's and burned my favorite songs from them onto a mix cd with some of my stuff. Neil Diamond, Alanis Morissett, Dead or Alive and a couple of bellydance songs among others. I like that my mix cd's have Rob Zombie right after an Eyna song.

It was thundering and sprinkling this morning when I got up. There's no better way to start a morning than with a little bit of rain. Every morning is a clean and fresh slate, but with rain, it's like that slate was scrubbed down to remove any leftover chalk-dust. There was a rainbow in the west this morning as I went to work. Damn near unbroken but by the time I reached work, the top and one side had faded away but one end was brighter than before.

No comments: