Monday, September 30, 2002

I went to the Creed concert Saturday. It started promptly at 6.30 with Cinder, followed by 12 Stones, then Sevendust and finally Creed. There was about a 15 min break between sets and a bit longer before Creed took the stage. It was 11p when we left.

Friday after work I went to Applewoods where I met Rex. A lawyer from out of town. We sat at the bar for a few minutes until our table was ready. He wanted to see my new car so I drove him the few blocks to Quail Springs to watch a movie. We decided on Four Feathers. We had some time to kill before the movie so we wandered the mall. We stopped at a candle place and he wanted to see if he could guess my 3 favorite candles. He only got one right, clean cotton by Yankee Candle Co. Next to the candles was a little stand with car freshners and one was clean cotten. He picked it up and said he'd buy it for me. I told him he didn't have to do that, but he said he wanted to for my car.

I almost started crying. Over a damn car freshner of all things. Eleven months with Ray and he never bought me anything except the occassional dinner. In my other relationships, what few there were, I was never bought anything, big or small. So for a guy to get me a car freshner on a first date melted my heart.

After the movie we went to the IHOP and talked for several hours. I thought they were going to charge us rent. It was around 4.30 when I got home and Rex had a 2 hr drive ahead of him.

Then this morning I slept through my alarm and woke up at 8a when the alarm gave up on me and shut itself off. I somehow managed to be clocked in and at my desk at 8.15. A personal record that I have no intention of beating.

No comments: