Monday, September 16, 2002

I called in this morning and said I wouldn't be at work because I'd be finishing up stuff with buying the car. The bank doesn't open until 9. So I went across the street to the insurance place and got an estimate on how much car insurance will be. It's not that bad, it's only going up $165 every 6 months. I figured it'd go up $500 every 6 months.

Over at the bank I got a cashier's check for a $9,500 for my down payment. I've already put $500 deposit on the car so that's $10,000 down on a $20,600 car. I talked to the guy about loan payments and he said since I'm putting half the cost of the car as a down payment he can be very flexable with the loan payments and length of loan. One plan was 48 months at $253 a month, the other was 36 months at $330 a month. I wasn't sure if I could handle $330 but I didn't want to go as long as 48 months. So he offered me 42 months at $292, and I went with that. He'll start the payments to be automatically withdrawn from my account starting in Nov. since I'll have to pay tag, title and liscense in Oct. That I'm not looking forward to and I've saved out $500 of Mom's check for that.

So, it's 12.30, why am I not going to get my car? Good question, I'm glad you asked. Because the dealership the car is coming from hasn't given the VIN to the dealership I bought the car from. Well, as of about 10, they hadn't. I'm figuring the car hadn't even left OKC at that time. So I called the bank at 11.30 to see if the VIN had been called in and left a message. I'll give the guy a bit longer to come back from lunch and check his messages before I either call back or go down there.

No comments: