Thursday, September 12, 2002

I looked into having that credit card removed from my credit history, but to do so means calling or writing a letter and waiting 30 days for the issue to be investigated and resolved. Well, I'm a bit busy to be keeping up with that for 30 days. So I'll take care of it after I'm done with the car. I doubt if the change would make that big of a difference that I'd have a lower interest rate. I could always refinance if it does.

Last night I got a verbal quote for $21,300 for a car with my specs at the dealership here. This afternoon, I went 30 miles south and talked to a guy there who gave me a written quote for $21,193. I had planned on taking that to the northern dealership but Ray came over when I got home and things got stressful then.

I told him I was thinking of trading in the car he drives along with mine. At first he thought it was a good idea until I told him that he wouldn't be getting any money from it, that I'd keep it. He said if I got $1500 in trade in to keep what he owed me and give him the rest. He didn't believe me when I said that car is only worth $600 tops. Then I looked it up online and Kelley Blue Book says it's worth $485. He got really depressed at that since he paid $1500 for it last August. Then it had 20,000 miles less on it and was worth $600 but he didn't believe me when I told him that then.

He said he could sell it for $1200 easy. Well, do it then. I want my name off it and would like my money back. "Well, what would I drive?" he asked. "Not my problem" I told him.

He said he plans on buying a 91 Ford something or other for $2000. Since he doesn't have the money he said he'd pay her in installments. "You can't pay me in installments, how do expect to pay her and why should she trust you?" He didn't have an answer for that.

No comments: