Tuesday, August 13, 2002

I went to the auto parts store to get new wiper blades. The subway is next door so I stopped in to get dinner. I asked for pickles. He puts on two little ones. 'Extra pickles, please' and he puts on two more. "um, more pickles, please" He shakes his head and says "Jesus!" I was half tempted to say, "yes, this is Jesus's sandwich and he likes his pickles." But I didn't. I was starving and needed whatever energy to get home, he wasn't worth wasting what little I had left.

Stormed loud Monday morning, the weather said an up to 700 lightning strokes per 10 minutes.. Stormed even louder this morning. Started around 3am. Got up, turned off the computer and when back to bed. The lightning was like flash bulbs during an olympic awards ceremony, thunder a continous roar. One rumble of thunder overlapping the next. A few hit either in or near my complex. At 3.30 or so the power went out. I was afraid I'd oversleep so I just cat napped until 7a when I got up and took a candle lit shower. I figure the power was restored around 9.30 this morning.

Weird. This morning there was a flash of light and a crack of thunder at the exact same time just feet outside my window. I never flinched. But close a door and I jump out of my skin.

No comments: