Thursday, August 15, 2002

For the last two nights I've been getting to bed no later than 10.30p. Figured I'd toss and turn and lay there for hours but nope. I'd squirm around for a few minutes to get comfy and then I'd be out like a light. It's been easier to get out of bed in the morning and I've been feeling better in general.

Jeff's art opening is Saturday. I did the title cards for his art yesterday. He had planned on printing them out on some nice looking marble paper. It would have looked nice but he wanted to burn the edges of the cards. He told me awhile back that he would be burning the edges so I figured he'd have some brownish paper. When he showed me the marbled stuff he asked what I thought about it and would a burned edge look ok.

I think a burned edge on that paper would have looked like shit. It wouldn't have meshed with the rest of this show. And come on, burned marble??? Of course I didn't tell him that to his face. So I told him that I thought he'd be going with a brown paper, something that would look like it had been exposed to heat and singed around the edges. Thankfully he liked my idea and yesterday brought me some dark brown paper. The cards printed out nice and I'm sure when they are burned they will look a lot better.

No comments: