Sunday, August 04, 2002

After work Friday I had a date with Gary. Since I was going to the resturant straight after work I wore a white tee shirt and my 501 (which I consider perfect casual date attire). Well, Carl came into the office and asked if any help could be spared for shipping since they are behind again. The other two were on deadline and he never mentioned me. Normally I volunteer for that but I get grungy working in shipping so I didn't say anything either. After Carl left Grant said I could go back there if I wanted.

"No, I'm wearing white and I have a date right after work."

"Well tell Kevin you'll ride around in his vette a bit later so you can clean up."

"Kevin is the lawyer, Alan drives the vette and Gary is my date tonight."

He never mentioned anything more about it.

Dinner with Kevin went well. He ended up staying over. Nothing happened, we just cuddled... for real, I promise...don't look at me like that.

Dinner at Appleby's went well with Gary. It's getting easier and easier to get him and keep him talking. We talked Thursday night on the phone to arrange a time and he was very talkative. He told me then that Morgan, his 14 yr old daughter, is moving back here Sunday which is today. Her mom moved them to California back in April when Gary was on vacation for his birthday. He never got to tell her goodbye. Anyway, she's miserable and is coming home. I knew she would be back but figured it would be later in the month, closer to when school starts, or right after school starts.

So he's stressed out about that. He hasn't really talked to her much in the 2 1/2 yrs since she and her mom moved out. He's not quite sure of how things will adjust and work out.

After dinner we checked out movies at 3 different places but either the start times were after 9.30 or sold out. So I suggested renting something and watching it at my place since he lives on the Southside. He watches a lot of movies so it was hard to find something we both haven't seen. Finally I said, "Wanna see Snatch?"

"Sure. Could you repeat that in a recorder later. It isn't often I'm asked that."

Gary isn't really a touchy feely person but when I walked him out he shyly touched me and then didn't want to move his hands. He wasn't pawing at me, just putting his hands at my waist or hips and keeping them there. He was so sweet and shy when he leaned toward me for a kiss it just melted my heart.

Alan traded his '99 red corvette he bought this past New Year's Eve for a '02 blue corvette. He wanted red but all they had was blue. Pretty blue too, he posted a pic of it on his website. I didn't know they made blue corvettes. I've seen red, black, yellow, grey and white. But never blue. Those yellow and white ones are sweet.

No comments: