Saturday, May 31, 2003

I've felt pretty good today. Sometimes I've wondered if how I had been feeling (side-effect wise) were true side-effects, or just all in my head sort of thing.

But overall I've been feeling pretty good the last few weeks, since I came back from vacation actually. I have little setbacks, but they don't seem huge and all-consuming as they once did. Been thinking if I really need meds at all.

Today I went to the quilt store. I was going to pick up the quilt kit but they will only be avalible at the class. But I did get some info on a few other things on the supply list. They had some stuff 50% off but nothing that even looked remotely inspiring. Then I went to the mall. Had planned on checking out this store I saw a few months ago next to the food court that was called 'Paint Your Own Pottery" Well, they moved up one level by Penny's and I went in. The studio fee included all supplies and firing, etc. and then you picked what you wanted to paint. I picked a cool shaped mug for $9.

First I put on white paint that had different colored sparkles in it, painted it inside and out with this. Then I painted the handle purple and the rim green. I put green and purple spirals and moons on it. It was fun to paint. There was a pair of women there who were painting some of the bigger pieces. They had done several each and they were really nice. One I loved was a serving platter that she painted blue with a big golden sun on it. I was there for at least an hour working on it. Very theraputic, didn't rush but didn't overanalize my design either. If I made a mistake, oh well. It'll be ready Tuesday after 6. Something tells me the green is going to be brighter than the color swatch said and I'm not going to want to claim a heidioius green and purple mug no matter how cool the shape.

Figurines, plates, bowls, mugs, martini glasses, goblets, banks, candlestick holders, tumblers, lotion dispensers, soap dishes, picture frames, they had a ton of stuff. Want a 'Rette-riginal'? give me a holler.
~*~
Yesterday I baked bread. It was a bread machine mix that has conventional directions also. Well, I made bread back in grade school and everyone had a little part to do. I don't know much about bread other than flour, water, yeast, let rise and bake.

I misread the instructions (or destructions as we call them at work). I thought it said if sticky let rest for 10 minutes before I kneaded it. No. I knead it first, then let it rest, if it's sticky add flour to the surface. Somehow I messed that up. Then it didn't really want to rise for me. It said sit in a warm place. So I turned on the oven to preheat and put the dough on a plate on top of the oven. The heat from there did get it to rise, but not much. I baked it anyway. It didn't rise anymore in the oven. But it's good bread, even though I think it would have tasted better if made in a bread machine, or at least by someone who know how to make bread.

No comments: