Thursday, May 15, 2003

I'm out in the middle of nowhere. Well, not quite nowhere, there is dial-up out here. The first day i spent outside reading or writing, moved inside when it got too hot and then back out around 4 and took a nap in the hammock. Also took my first motorcycle ride to Fairview and back. If you're ever up there, the courthouse lawn is well worth the trip. Sat outside without a shirt looked out over the lake in front of the house, and drank a whole bottle of blackberry wine. It was a small bottle from a local vinery

Day 2, cleaned the kitchen of my host, read, wrote, surfed the net a bit. Not much to do since i don't have any bookmarks up here and had to search the few I did find. Watched the moon rise over the lake while curled up in a blanket and drank a whole (small) bottle of pear wine from the same vinery. Read a good chunk of Kitchen Confidential. Damn good book. Fished at the lake behind the house.

Today is day 3. Saturday's sunburn is starting to peel. Woke up before 7 and the lakes were foggy. The lake was like glass and I stood on the deck anda watched swallows(?) skim the surface for either a drink or tiny fish at the surface. The darkness and bags under my eyes are fading, I haven't had a headache since last thur or friday. Other than the zits left over from stress and my period, my skin is looking better and seems to have a bit of color in it, (and not just from being in the sun.)

My host works during the day and last night and this evening has graduation ceremonies so he'll be in late. Twelve or more hours of solitude and quiet. Tonight is the lunar eclipse and I'll either have another bottle of wine, crab apple is left, or I'll have champagne.

No comments: