Thursday, May 08, 2003

It's weird to be sitting in traffic a mile from your home in a light rain with a fairly sunny sky and hear on the radio that 20 miles south people sitting in traffic are having their cars blown off the road by a tornado. Tornados suck, but at rush hour is even worse. Here in Edmond, we just caught the edge of the storm, skys weren't that dark, rain not bad and full sunshine about 30 minutes later.

Been cleaning this week. Just doing it a small area at a time. So far the kitchen, bathroom, most of the living room is done. Tomorrow I'm going to clean off the kitchen table, my computer desk and vaccuum. I even bought lilic carpet fresh powder too. I feel better. Maybe cleaning my cluttered apt will help unclutter my mind as well. It's nice to walk into the kitchen and actually see the counter.

Bought a shoe rack to put by the door since I always take my shoes off when I enter the door. (I think I was Japanese in a past life). Most of the shoes I own are thrown somewhere around the door. Bought a small table to put my plants on by the window. Now I have a clear view of the tv and not watch from between the leaves of an out of control gloxina.

I'm on vacation next week. I have a few mild and liquid plans but nothing solid yet. I do know that without a doubt it will include, quiet, nature, quiet, outdoors and quiet.

No comments: