Wednesday, May 28, 2003

It's not that the batteries all died at once, it's just they they died sometime over the last year and I haven't made the effort to get new ones. As of last week my watch, digital camera, cordless phone and cell phone all need new batteries. The watch I've taken care of. The two phones have working batteries but the talk time on the cordless is just over an hour and the cell about half a day on standby. I also need a new land line for the bedroom. When I talk on that one, the other person can barely hear me.

I see the shrink tomorrow at 12.15. I called this morning for directions to the office and while on hold contemplated just canceling the appointment. I've been feeling better. The last time I really cried was on the 17th when I broke down after coming back from my vacation. Of course a few tears at Dana's office but nothing since then and that's been over a week. Overall I think I'm perking up a bit, but in the back of my head I know that sooner or later I'll hit the wall again and be back to bawling for hours on end. That's the only reason I'm keeping the appt, for what could happen, not what's happening now.

I went to my parents over Memorial Day weekend. Even though I slept pretty good while I was there, Monday evening when I came home I was in bed by 8.45p and not ready at all to get up the next morning. I haven't gone to bed before the sun since I was old enough to stay up that late as a kid. I remember crying myself to sleep as a kid because there was still daylight out and I could hear the neighbor girl playing outside and mad because I had to go to bed. I vowed when I grew up, I'd never go to bed while it was still daylight. And until Monday, (with the exception of the day I had surgery and was zonked out on percocet), I kept that promise.

Oh, and Thur the 22d was the one year anniversery of my surgery too. The scar is a bit darker than my skin but you can clearly see the white lines of the incision and the six suture lines that intersect it.

No comments: