Saturday, April 05, 2003

Went to Tulsa this afternoon to see my brother and a friend, Scott, from Oregon. It was weird when I was at my brother's apt. He was washing dishes when I got there. Mom's dishes. On the counter was mom's blender. In the living room where two chairs, both from my parent's house. It was weird, but at the same time made it seem comfortable to me. Familiar objects in an unfamiliar place. That was the first time I had been to his place.

Then we went to pick up Scott. I was hungry so we ate at Appleby's. I had the fiesta lime chicken, then we went a mile or two down the road to the mall. By the time we got in the mall, I was ready to puke. Scott wanted to look at leather jackets. I was pacing the other side of the store since walking was making me feel a bit better while Scott tried on jackets and Cam, I guess, gave his opinion. Then we went to a camera store since Scott needed a replacement flash for his camera. By that time I was breathing deep to keep from retching and walking and standing still were both making me sick. I had to tell Scott that I wasn't feeling well, I felt bad enough about having to cut the afternoon short, but his sad puppy eyes made it hard to look at him. So I had guilt further twisting my belly.

Dropped Scott off at his hotel and he gave me an extra squeeze when we hugged good-bye and all I was thinking was, 'don't puke down his back, don't puke down his back.'

Got back to my brothers place just before 5p and me and his toilet became close intimate friends. He left to get fish food and was back 30 min later. Said he wanted to go out with friends since he doesn't get Sat. nights to him self very often. So then I felt guilty about being sick and messing up his plans. So after 3 doses of pepto in an hour I left his house just after 6 still quesy and in desperate need of a nap. When I got home, I called Cameron on his cell figuring he was out. Turns out he never went out. shit-bird. So I hung up and took a shower.

I'm off to bed now.

No comments: