Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I called the shrink's office Monday to see if my zoloft had been called in. The nit-twit receptionist didn't know and then tried to make out like it was my fault that the messages I left were lost or not given to the dr. Twat.

I did finally get my meds. I took off Monday afternoon from work and got a few things done that have been on my mind lately. One of them was seeing about getting my car loan refinanced. The lowest interest I could get was 6.25% and that's only if I have perfect credit. I did take some money out of my savings that is currently earning .5% and opened an account that has 1.21% intrest. Not too much more, but when I called around some banks were only giving .2%. The cd's aren't that much better.

I'm thinking about buying into some more mutual funds and maybe some stocks. I have a 401k, but almost since the day I started it, I've been losing money.

I work in the hobby industry and for the last few weeks, I've been keeping my ears open and asking the occassional 'casual' question and I've discovered that through my employer I have connections to a fabric manufacter and if I submit artwork and it is accepted, I could license it and have my own line of fabric printed. That of course is a 'if' as big as Texas.

I need to think more positive. That 'if' is as big as New York, but smaller than Texas. Yes, much better.

I'm taking an applique class at the local quilt store, I may just 'casually' ask the women what they think is missing in the current selection of quilt fabrics that is out there. Isn't that the first rule of business and marketing? Find what's missing and give it to them. Find a niche and fill it? Is there a certain something you would like to see?

Something to think about now that I feel like thinking again.

If ya'll have an idea, let me know.

No comments: