Thursday, June 12, 2003

Got my nose pierced couple of hours ago. Got the gold stud since I'm not supposed to take it out for 4 months and it'll go with everything.

He takes me back to the room and puts on a surgical mask and washes his hands. He asks some questions about my work and puts on gloves and gets out a plastic sealed packet of the stuff and lays it out on the tray. First he cleans my nostril inside and out with some soap stuff that looks like pus and smelled like a dentist office. Then he marked the spot with a drop of blue ink and I had a look see in the mirror. It seemed a bit high at first, but since he's done this before, I trusted his judgement. I layed down on the table and he asked if I was ready. I wasn't but I pretended I was. Closing my eyes he told me to take a deep breath and let it out. When I did he pierced me. It was quick, the sting lasted a second. I felt the weight of the needle in my nose as he got the stud ready. My eyes were beginning to water.

The pain came when he took the needle out and put the stud it. That hurt. Even thought I kept saying 'ow' I tried to say it in a brave way. Then there was this sensation of having to sneeze.

"You're done" He says. It was over pretty quickly

I was afraid to sit up and felt the tears go down the corners of my eyes to my temples. I looked in the mirror. It wasn't as red as I figured it'd be. It doesn't clash with my glasses as I was afraid it would. Actually it looks good, I should have had it done sooner. I'm happy with it and it doesn't look too high after all. It feels weird of course, like there's a monster-sized booger in my nose.

No comments: