Thursday, November 07, 2002

I took my car in for it's first oil change and an alignment check since I hit a pot hole and it has been pulling ever since. I dropped it off Wednesday at 12.30. On the phone the guy gives me the impression they have thier own shuttle service to take people back to work, or home and pick them up when thier car is ready so when he asked if he could arrange a ride for me, I said sure.

Well, the ride was actually a taxi. A taxi I had to wait for 45 minutes to show up. So I was an hour late getting back to work. The voucher was for $10 and the fare came to $9.60.

Had a co-worker take me back to the dealership. I was told my car would be ready by the time I came back. I walk in and he said they were finishing up. I had a seat, watched the news and watched as bay doors closed, lights were turned off and offices locked. The service guy would come through occassionally telling me they were still working on it. Finally he calls me into his office. My car is fine, however the alignment machine is not working properly. I had to leave it overnight and he put me into a used 99 Altima from the lot. He told me it would be ready today. Well, at 2p this afternoon I called to see how things were going, he said someone came out to look at the machine and it needed a part. The car would have to stay another night. I told him I was going to need gas money if I kept the loaner. He offered to put me in a nice rental. Sounded good, since I'm not paying for it.

Then a few hours later, he called to say that a part was found and my car is fixed and ready to be picked up. When I did pick it up he said he owed me a car wash since their detail man left to finish school and they had yet to replace him. First thing I look for when I open the door is grease on the seat. The seat was fine, however it looked like someone walked through an oil slick and got in my car. I've never seen such grease marks on floor mats in my life. So I went back in and told him of the grease and handed him the key. About 10 minutes later he came back and my mats were clean.

You'd think they'd put down cardboard mats or plastic or something.

No comments: