Tuesday, October 23, 2001

Not much going on. Catalog is trying to wrap up, but mangament and details have bogged it down. I'm tired of it, ready to move on to something else. What? I'm not sure, but I'm sure that it will be meaningless and uncreative what ever it is. I can't take half day personal leave to get my car fixed without them calling and insisting that I be picked up and brought to work. No. I need a half day to regroup. Mental health leave or else I'll go nuts and start screaming and yelling... I've done it before and you should have no doubt in your mind that I'll do it again.

I'm planning to take a half day Samhain but everything has to be ready to go the first so I'm not counting on it. Everything is in various stages of being proofed. A forseeable problem I'm seeing is Sue. She is going through the catalog and useing it as an excuse to reverify stuff. Yes, I know the X has been sold with only two stripes and the wrong colors at that, but you know what? Let it slide for this catelog, make a note of it, and do it later. It'll take you a good full day to reverify, and another to get it sewn out. Then I have to rescan it, replace all tif, eps, and jpgs, let the web guy know and then correct the catalog pages and reprint them. That right there is at least another day. Three days to get a design corrected. In the mean time how far are you behind in proofing because of two pages of images you decided were the wrong colors and names? I won't bother asking how long you are online researching the correct and current names either. That design has been sold for years like that, one more catalog won't hurt anything. So next time I ask for a reverifation of a orange bunny eating a purple carrot with a yellow top, don't roll your eyes at me and call me picky, at least it is being done 4 months before catalog.

Why are you fighting me on this Sue???? Huh??? I asked that anything new coming in for verification be given priortiy over everything else. I even helped you by putting a lot of it in the database. It didn't need keywords. Catalog doesn't use keywords. How many hours did you waste inputting keywords when behind you pack after pack was stacking up to be typed into the database. How many hours did I spend typing into the database to keep us on schedual (when that isn't even my job) because you were too damn concerned about the fucking keywords.

Yes, I noticed you restrained your pissiness when you came to ask me about the missing packs that needed keywords. Because I went to your desk, took all the packs and passed you in the hall with them as I went back to my sewout closet and hid them. Yes, I hid them. That way you had nothing else to do but verify and type into the database the packs that were piling up behind you. Did you notice that pile, Sue? The one that Tamara was adding too on an almost hourly basis? The pile that was the reason I was cutting short lunch so I could keep up and keep catalog on schedual. I could have been building pages instead of typing into the database. Do you think I enjoy capitolizing SKU numbers and checking color chips? No, I don't. That's your job. And don't give me some line about taking so long because you had orders to fill. Those orders have a 5 day turnaround, you could have just saved them for the next day.

So pardon me if I don't take break with you, I'm going outside so I don't ring your neck.

No comments: