Wednesday, July 14, 2004

A pedigreed mutt

I checked out a puppy/dog training class today. It was very odd to be in a large room with 30+ dogs and not one that was barking, running wild or pissing everywhere. I was there for half an hour and only heard 2 barks. One was when I was outside walking toward an open door wondering if I was in the right place. The other one was from a dog in the beginning class that didn't want to 'stay'.

The next puppy class starts in mid-August. I'm mailing out my application sometime this week since I have to go to the vet's and have her sign a statement that my pup has all necessary shots and that they are current.

On the form it (of course) asks for the dog's name. Whiskey. Then it asks for the breed. When people as me I say 'mix' or 'mutt' but I don't like the sound of either one. So I listed his breed as "North American Short-Haired Hybrid Standard."


No comments: