Wednesday, October 29, 2003

it's getting cooler here

Yep, it's almost winter. I can feel it. Not in my bones, but my skin. I go through lotion like there's no tomorrow in the winter. I need to clean up the humidifire and get that going since I've been waking up in the middle of the night with hads so dry they hurt and a bloody nose.

I'm as done as I can get on the catalog. I'm waiting for the borders and division pages to be finalized and approved. I told my supervisior (who's making said borders and division pages) that I needed them by Friday. Then I can place the borders, division pages, ads and table of contents by Monday, print it all out Tuesday and correct any big errors. Then Wednesday I can overnight it to the publisher.

Everything so far has progressed smoothly and quickly and I should be able to send off all the pages next Wed, instead of just half as was scheduled.

I hope to take a few days off mid-November to shop for home loans and look at houses. My lease expires Dec 31. I'd rather not rush into buying a house before then. My parents still don't seem all that thrilled or supportive about me getting a house. Mom once suggested renting a house. Renting a 1 bed, 1 bath house=$600 a month. House payment on a 3 bed, 2 bath house=$375-400 a month. Do the math mom. Yes, the first 5 or 6 years you're paying on interest instead of principal, but at least I can paint the walls when I get tired of looking at them.

I'm thinking of going home this weekend since Mom likes to remind me that it's been since the last weekend in June since I've been home and seen dad.

No comments: