Sunday, November 09, 2003

The Road Never Traveled (at least by me)

On the 17th I have an appointment with a buyers agent about houses. I called and said I have no idea where to start. I know kinda what I want in a house, but nothing beyond that. Yesterday I went to the library and returned Unquiet Mind (which I never finished and basically talked about her manic and depressive episodes as the years went by. Yawn.)

I checked out 4 books on home buying. Home Buying for Dummies was at a different library and I would have to request it and wait a few weeks to get.

Catalog is almost done. I sent out 127 pages Thursday. So all that's left are first 16 pages and the cover. Of the 16 pages only 2 of them are uncompleted and those are the table of contents pages. If you ever have to work with or in the publishing industry, they like documents to be in multiples of 4. If you send them a file with 15 pages, it gets their panties in a twist and they'll charge you quite a bit more for the trouble. Last year I was their wet dream as the catalog was in a multiple of 32. (32 pages in a signature so they didn't have to cut a roll of paper).

No comments: