Friday, January 24, 2003

Been home from work for not quite 45 minutes now. I've been sick with this coughing thing all week. It gets a lot worse when I lay down to sleep. It's non stop coughing then, cough syrup doesn't help. I've tried running the humidifier on high and keeping the heat down. Heat seems to make me cough more. But then I'm just cold and still coughing. There's gunk in my lungs, I can feel it, but it's lodged in there and refuses to budge.

Not long after I got into work an hour and a half coughing fit started. Water and suger free halls did nothing to relieve it. Finally I ended up in the bathroom coughing so hard I thought I was going to puke. Reg, the housecleaner, was emptying the trash when I staggered in, hacking. He stood next to me, fatherly rubbing my back as I splashed water on my face suggesting hot tea would help. It sucks coughing so hard you can't breathe.

As soon as I calmed down I gathered my things and came home. It's nice to sit and not cough for a whole 30 seconds.

No comments: