Tuesday, December 24, 2002

Why is the urge to spend so great when the amount of money I have is so little?

Case in point. On the first $415 is due for rent. On the third $300 is for the car. On the fifth $550 is due for insurance (for the next 6 mo so I don't have to worry about that again for a while). Added to the other regular bills, the $130 I've spent for christmas gifts and the $230 credit card bill that I wasn't expecting I'm feeling a bit of a red ink nipping at my heels.

Thankfully I think we get paid the third.

Yes, I was expecting that credit card bill. I put gasoline and the occasional meal out on my card and the bill is usually around $100-$135 a month depending on the price of gas. But I had forgot that I put some of the gifts on the card as well as groceries as well when I found myself at the store and out of checks. So when I opened it I had to sit down and wonder what the hell happened. Thankfully when the bank switched my card from visa to mastercard they also gave me 0% interest for 6 months. I think I'll take advantage of that.

No comments: