Sunday, March 17, 2002

Well, we worked for an hour on our Desert Rose routine. A few things got changed I spent most of the time confused and somehow 10 seconds got choreographed without verbal direction and I was the only one who had no idea what the hell was happening because we've been dancing with our back ot the mirror for the last two weeks (not my idea).

My parents came to see me Sat. Mom made me promise I'd go to the dealership today and look at cars but that never happened. I did, however, do internet research for an hour and a half and bought 3 car buying magazines which I've been reading over and taking notes on since I came home from class. So that counts right?

I'm just not ready to face a salesguy who tries to tell me what I do and do not want in a car. I already know what I do and do not want in a car and already I'm looking at a $19-23,000 car. Mom said if I can't get a car loan or get enough, then she'll lend me some. And intrest free too, can't beat that.

My Egyptian percussion cd came in Friday. The mail still hadn't been distributed by lunch so after lunch I checked and there it was, at the bottom of the tray, a cardboard envelope with the big huge Barnes & Noble logo all over it. That cd has been pretty much in non stop repeat since I got it. I took it to dance today but Delphi wasn't feeling well so she watched us like hawks as we did moves to slow songs and corrected our forms. Apparently not only do I have a stupid shoulder but something called broken ankles as well. It's where I roll my foot and it looks like I'm dancing on my ankles instead of my feet. I watched myself in the mirror but I couldn't see it so I just stepped differently until Delphi said, 'that's better' and tried to remember what I did and keep doing it.

Then I asked if we were going to work on the choreography she said she hadn't planned on it. I figured we would be doing it since we only have about 10 hrs to work on it if we only work in class and don't schedual extra days or hours after class. But she changed her mind. So far there is only the 4 of us dancing and we have about 45-60 seconds done. We haven't had the other dancers in class for 2 weeks now.

No comments: